This Chicken with Sweet Potato Bowls and quinoa is good for lunch and dinner. It is pack with nutritious ingredients!
I am relaxing on the couch while looking at these delightful photos of the meal that we have from last week. Pretending that I myself put together and that I will write a pleasing, full of thoughts post. Post about how much I love this Chicken with Sweet Potato and Quinoa Bowls with Tomatilla drizzle.
But, considering that I just back home yesterday from a splendid outing with my girlfriend gang. That said trip makes my mind clot of crushed, something like an end of vacation feeling. I know those loves outing can imagine how I fell. I even think that I am still hiking in a nature park while talking funny topics with the gang, capturing the moment, enjoying fresh fruits and vegetables from there own farm. A precious moment, it was fun!
I have to catch up with cleaning, work, replying email. Nevertheless, I’m finding my way back in my usual lifestyle with a simple + yummy + delicious recipe post.
Let’s dig dip with this Chicken with Sweet Potato Bowls and quinoa. Let’s aboard this delectable train.
This bowl is flavorful, vibrant, nutritious with multi-texture that surely will satisfy your taste. That’s because of juicy grilled chicken, the seasoned quinoa, and of course, for the name of the vegetable I added avocado on top, and if you think this will be sauceless, tomatillo sauce is an answer. Mind-blowing dish!
It can be done quickly and looks really pretty. You might want to check other chicken recipes that I made. Maybe you want to give this Healthy Chicken and Sweet Potato Recipe a try. If you want another unique chicken recipe you can also try this Baked Coconut Chicken with Strawberry & Mango Salsa.
- 1 lb tomatillos, husks removed
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups (3 oz) loosely packed baby spinach
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- smoked paprika
- olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-1/2" cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, rinsed
- juice of one lime
- Preheat oven to 400°F Quarter tomatillos. Place tomatillos and garlic in a bowl; add oil and toss to coat. Spread tomatillos and garlic cloves in a baking dish; roast for 35 minutes. When finished, place roasted tomatillo mixture in a food processor; add spinach, sugar, salt and red pepper flakes. Process until smooth. Set aside or cover and refrigerate is using later.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and smoked paprika and drizzle with oil. Grill chicken over med-high heat juices run clear. Set aside.
- Toss cubed sweet potatoes with oil salt and pepper and spread out evenly on a baking tray. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until they are easily pierced with a fork.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry quinoa according to package directions. In a small bowl combine chile powder, kosher salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder and ground cumin. Stir spice mixture into prepared quinoa along with black beans and lime juice.
- Divide quinoa, chicken and sweet potatoes evenly among four bowls. Drizzle with tomatillo sauce.
- Optional extras: Lime wedges, avocado and Sriracha mayo.
Note: You an easily use leftovers to make this dish or make some parts the day before. Just reheat when ready to serve. So easy!