Here is another of my favorite chicken recipes. Why one of my favorites? Well because its quick, easy and tasty and of course all in one pan so you get that infusion of flavor from all of the ingredients.
This dish only takes around 10 minutes to cook and about another 10 to 15 minutes to prepare so in less than 30 minutes you can be sitting down to eating this dish with your friends and family! I also love the way the cheese melts into and onto the chicken fillets. There is cheese within and cheese on the outside as well. I don’t know why but cheese is just soooo addictive. Combine it with chicken and you have the perfect flavor and texture for those taste buds.
The recipe is outlined below. Please try it and let me know what you think. Better still share it on Facebook with your family and friends. Just click the Facebook share button at the top of this post. Also why not bookmark this One Pan Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Parmesan – Ready in Minutes recipe.
- 5 skinless, boneless, chicken thigh fillets
- Sea Salt to season
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons garlic and herb flavoured tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsps vegetable stock powder, divided
- 10 thin slices Mozzarella cheese
- 1 bottle Pasta/Marinara Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 230C or 450F.
- Lightly pound the chicken fillets between some clean sheets of parchment/baking paper to a ¼-inch thickness using a mallet.
- Pat the chicken fillets dry and season with the sea salt.
- Using a medium sized bowl, whisk the egg, the garlic powder along with the sea salt together.
- Place aside.
- In another shallow bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, the panko, the basil along with the parmesan cheese.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the tomato paste over one side of each chicken fillet and then top with some parsley, the garlic powder and the vegetable stock powder.
- Place one slice of the mozzarella cheese onto each half of a chicken fillet
- Roll each chicken fillet and place seam side down. (You may need to Seal with a toothpick).
- Heat the virgin olive oil in a 12-inch oven-proof frying pan over a medium heat.
- Evenly coat the rolled chicken fillets into the egg mixture, and then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the chicken into the preheated skillet/pan and cook on each side for 4-5 minutes until the coating is golden brown and the cheese on the inside has melted.
- Reduce the heat to low and then pour in the pasta sauce.
- Move the chicken around with tongs so the sauce is evenly covered over the base of the pan
- Allow them to simmer for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour some sauce from the pan over each chicken fillet
- Put the skillet/pan into the oven to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven
- Top each chicken roll with remaining cheese slices
- Return to the oven and then allow to grill/broil on a medium heat until the cheese has melted over the top.
- Garnish with the extra dried parsley and the Italian herbs.
- Serve warm over some pasta; mashed potatoes or salad.
I currently teach baking courses and have worked in a number of cafes and restaurants.
Check out my About Us page to find out more about me and my passion for cooking.
Welcome to Appetizer Girl