Does this Tender Beef and Broccoli look familiar to you?
If you have been following my blog, you would be familiar with this recipe, since I have been making a variation of it. You might remember the Healthy Chicken and Broccoli Stir-fry recipe that I made, which turns out great. Today, I will be using beef instead of chicken.
This dish can be better than those take-out meals that you have, I’ll tell you. Especially when served with rice. The zest of orange lime had dressed up to this recipe into a classic combination.
I love beef steak, the only problem, it takes a few hours to cook them. But for this recipe, no more worries. I used flank steak, very thinly sliced, so it cooks fast. I bought it online from Grassland Beef, they have a wide variation of that you can choose. Therefore, forget all the hassle in waiting time to cook it and focus on making this drolling Tender Beef and Broccoli.
I want to share with you some tips for slicing the beef thinly. Certainly, these tips are helpful. First, remember to freeze the beef within 30 minutes, so you can easily slice it thinly. If you can slice thinner than what I had, then you are lucky. Second, do you like roasted beef? Do you have some leftovers? You can still use them for this recipe. But I recommend you to use uncooked beef for this recipe, for a fresh outcome.
Who would not get tempted with this fresh broccoli? Raise your hand! No one for sure. The crunchy broccoli is undeniably complementing the taste of the beef.
Additionally, who wouldn’t love the creamy and yummy sauce. Ohh yum yum yum! Combination of orange juice, orange marmalade, low sodium soy sauce, beef broth, corn starch, garnishing with fresh orange zest. Ohh so-oo good! What a great recipe!
Guys, you might not be a lover of beef, but I can wrap my heart, head, and soul for this recipe. You shouldn’t miss this. I thought I would share my little secret on the best beef I have purchased by far none. I shop at this shop here, you can order online as well, Grasslands Beef, Just click here and take a look at Grasslands Beef. I have found the price and quality exceptional, especially for this recipe.
- juice of 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tbs tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water or beef broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. flank steak, very thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup broccoli, washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup mushroom, washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- First, mix the juice of orange juice, oyster sauce, tomato sauce, and beef broth, whisk it thoroughly.
- Second, heat the olive oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Third, add the garlic and onion, and cook for 30 seconds. Add the steak and flip the pieces until each piece is cooked through and the meat is browned.
- Fourth, add the sauce to the pan and stir for 1 minute until the sauce starts to thicken. Add the mushroom and broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes. Serve over rice
I currently teach baking courses and have worked in a number of cafes and restaurants.
Check out my About Us page to find out more about me and my passion for cooking.
Welcome to Appetizer Girl