These delicious Honey butter gems are so easy to make with only a few ingredients. They can be prepared and baked in less than 30 minutes.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of raw sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 50 grams of fresh butter, softened
- 1¾ cups of flour
- 1½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 150 ml of fresh milk
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Using an old fashioned gem iron place about ½ teaspoon of butter into each compartment.
- Place into the oven until gem irons are hot and the butter is bubbling then spoon in the mixture.
- For the mixture:
- Using an electric beater, cream the butter and the sugar and then add a well beaten egg.
- Add the milk alternatively with the sifted dry ingredients, until you get the right consistency.
- Spoon into the hot gem irons and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.