These delicious Honey butter gems are so easy to make with only a few ingredients. They can be prepared and baked in less than 30 minutes.
They come out of the oven so fresh and golden. The tric is to use a gem iron heated with butter melted on the inside. They cook fast and golden.
Here is the recipe:
Delicious Honey Butter Gems
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of raw sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 50 grams of fresh butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 150 ml of fresh milk
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Using an old fashioned gem iron place about 1/2 teaspoon of butter into each compartment.
- Place into the oven until gem irons are hot and the butter is bubbling then spoon in the mixture.
- For the mixture:
- Using an electric beater, cream the butter and the sugar and then add a well beaten egg.
- Add the milk alternatively with the sifted dry ingredients, until you get the right consistency.
- Spoon into the hot gem irons and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
I currently teach baking courses and have worked in a number of cafes and restaurants.
Check out my About Us page to find out more about me and my passion for cooking.
Welcome to Appetizer Girl