I was over at my sisters place and since they were going out decided to spend some time creating a new cupcake design. I loved the look of the bumblebee so decided I would give it a go. My sister liked it too, so with my newly acquired Fondant set i proceeded to sculpt my icing onto my freshly baked cupcake.
I was buzzing with enthusiasm and soon had my masterpiece before my eyes. And it looked too good to eat… well so i thought. Next came out the camera and a few props to keep a record of my creation and post it onto my website. Its really quite easy to make and a simple cupcake recipe below is all you need.
- 1 box of Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- Colored Ready To Roll Icing Yellow, Black and White
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- Cupcake Cups
- This recipe can also be found here
- Mix the Vanilla Cupcake mixture with the eggs and butter in a mixing bowl for 2 minutes until mixture is well combined. Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Pour the mixture into cupcake cups until about half to two-thirds full. Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes then set aside to cool.
- Shape the ready made icing into the appropriate shapes using a knife and your fingers. Layer these shapes onto the cooled cupcake using a little sugared water to help make them stick together ( I found that just the icing alone was sticky enough to keep everything in place)
- Serve immediately or store in airtight containers.
I currently teach baking courses and have worked in a number of cafes and restaurants.
Check out my About Us page to find out more about me and my passion for cooking.
Welcome to Appetizer Girl