Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
These delicious Honey butter gems are so easy to make with only a few ingredients. They can be prepared and baked in less than 30 minutes.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of raw sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 50 grams of fresh butter, softened
- 1¾ cups of flour
- 1½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 150 ml of fresh milk
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Using an old fashioned gem iron place about ½ teaspoon of butter into each compartment.
- Place into the oven until gem irons are hot and the butter is bubbling then spoon in the mixture.
- For the mixture:
- Using an electric beater, cream the butter and the sugar and then add a well beaten egg.
- Add the milk alternatively with the sifted dry ingredients, until you get the right consistency.
- Spoon into the hot gem irons and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.