I loved baking these. So moist and light and fluffy…
These cupcakes were as fun to eat as they were to make. I don’t like complicated so anything simple and easy is on my recipe to do list.
A small piece of toffee milk finished the frosting on top but may may omit this if you desire.
So here is the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 stick of fresh butter
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- ¾ cup of plus 3 tablespoons of flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ cup of raw sugar
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs plus 1 medium egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ cup of greek yogurt or sour cream
- ½ cup of hot water
- Ultimate Chocolate Frosting
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- ¾ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- whole milk for thinning
- Pre-heat stove to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake baking pan using liners.
- Place vegetable oil, the chocolate chips, along with the butter right into a microwave safe dish. Microwave with 30 second amounts, mixing each 30 seconds, till only just melted.
- Blend the flour, the baking soda and the powder, the cocoa powder, along with the sea salt within a medium sized dish. Stir until mixed.
- Within a large dish, blend the sugars, the eggs, along with the vanilla. Stir till blended. Add the melted dark chocolate mix, and then stir till blended.
- Switch adding the flour mix along with the yogurt to the sugar mix. Blend till just mixed ( I simply made use of a whisk). Include the hot water very last, and blend till it's mixed.
- Make use of a cookie scoop to split the mixture equally between your cupcake liners. I filled up mine around ¾ of the way full, however I would certainly fill slightly less the next time.
- Cook for 16 to 18 minutes, or till a tooth-pick comes out clear.
- For The Frosting
- Whip the butter with high using a blender for around 2 minutes. Next add the powdered sugar along with the cocoa powder, gradually.Next add the vanilla. Add the whole milk as needed for preferred thickness. Whip for around 3 minutes making it fluffier.
- Pipe the actual icing on top of the cupcakes by using a sealed star tip. Top using dark chocolate sprinkles.
Don’t forget to place your vote above and also check out our bumblee cupcakes here.