Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
This recipe is another easy chicken recipe that is quick in around 20 minutes to make. I always love to make dishes that are delicious and do not take hours to bake. This is one of those recipes. Chicken is so versatile and this is one reason why I love cooking with it.
This recipe makes use of a spiralizer. Well this was new to me but it is actually a cool little kitchen tool that is inexpensive and can make noodles out of vegetables. Most of them just have a handle that you turn and they churn out noodle like cuttings from the vegetables that you feed into it. If you want to check out the Mueller Spiralizer then click here.
If you don’t have a spiralizer then don’t despair you can just use ordinary noodles which will work just fine. I of course would encourage you to try the spiralizer if you can though as its a great little tool and lots of fun.
- ¼ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1½ cups DeLallo Creamy Vodka tomato sauce (or any tomato sauce - but that vodka sauce is YUMMY)
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 zucchinis
- Preheat your oven to about 425 degrees. Then toss the breadcrumbs, the panko, and the Parmesan cheese into a shallow dish or bowl along with the Italian herbs, some salt, and pepper. Heat the oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over a medium heat.
- Cut the chicken breasts into a total of four pieces and then dredge the chicken in the breadcrumbs so that the breadcrumbs stick all over the surface of the chicken. Then add the chicken to the hot skillet and then fry for about 3-4 minutes on both sides. You want the outside of the chicken to be golden brown - the inside of the chicken can finish cooking in the oven.
- Transfer the skillet to your preheated oven and then bake for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. Add the sauce and then place a thin slice of mozzarella cheese onto the top of each piece of chicken. Return to the oven for a few minutes or until the mozzarella cheese is bubbling and lightly browned.
- While the chicken finishes, cut the zucchini into nice thin shreds or you might like to use a spiralizer to create zucchini noodles. Serve the chicken and sauce over the raw zucchini noodles and sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley.
This Healthy Chicken Parmesan Recipe in 20 Minutes is super easy and i love the way the chicken sites on top of the zucchini noodles. If you are able to prepare this dish for dinner or lunch then I am sure you will agree that it was worth the effort. Cheese and chicken just seem to be a combination made in heaven.